Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Mutual fund Advise

An investor asked thus, "I am a 33 year old person, who has been investing about 50000/- a year in the equity market. I now want to make portfolio of Rs.300000/- in MF. Thereafter I can invest Rs. 50000/- a year. I\\\\\\\\`am prepared to make long term investment. Plesae advice me where to invest and where to make future investment to get good returns"?

My reply to him was "Dear Amit,
At the outset, congratulations. You have are at the right place at the right time. You could not have timed your entry into the mutual fund any better. And your investment horizon is long which will only help you in getting good returns. Considering your age and investment horizon I have picked some good funds, you can select among them. Please try to invest through SIPs to maximise returns.
1. BIRLA SUNLIFE EQUITY FUND
2. DSPML TIGER FUND
3. HDFC TOP 200 FUND
4. RELIANCE GROWTH FUND
5. SBI MAGNUM COMMA FUND

Best of luck."

No comments: