Friday, May 30, 2008

Outlook Money letter

Lot of my clients and other well wishers could not get the copy of Outlook Money 9 April issue. I am reproducing the letter here for their benefit. The letter which I had written to Outlook Money went like this ::::
Dear Sir,
"Why have NFOs lost their lustre?(9 April) mad interesting reading. But I disagree with the author on some issues. Avoiding all NFOs would not be a very wise thing to do. You have to invest in some NFOs which are exceptions to existing schemes like DSPML World Gold Fund and Lotus Agile Fund, and exotic funds like JM Core 11, especially if they are closed-end because you may not be able to invest in them for another three years. Also, the author says that some fund houses give up to 8.5 percent commission to distributors. I am a distributor myself and have never come across any fund house giving even 5 percent."

No comments: